REGULATIONS ON SOCIAL INVESTIGATION AND PRACTICEOn 2016-01-08
i. Social Investigation1. International scholars and students can attend social investigations arranged according to related teaching plans. Students should put forward the “Application Form for International Scholars and Students’ Social Investigation” before practice; the application should be signed by the teacher (supervisor), sealed by the department, school or institute and then be handed in to the International Students Office for approval.
2. Social investigation on campus can be carried out with the permission of related departments of the university; social investigations off campus should get the permission of the superior departments, and they can only be carried out with the “Permission of Social Investigations”.
3. International scholars and students are not allowed to do social investigations without permission.
4. Any social investigations that hurt national friendships, concern state secrets, inquire personal secrets or distort facts maliciously are regarded as violating the regulations of the university and will be punished.
ii. Social Practice1. Students’ practice and social investigation should be arranged according to related teaching plans. Students should put forward application before practice, stating time, place, content and purpose of the practice; the application should be signed by the teacher (adviser), sealed by the department, and then be handed in to the International Students Office for approval 2 weeks before the practice. The cost of the practice is supposed to be the same as that of Chinese students, and the exceeding part of the cost of the practice will be at the students’ own expenses.
2. Students are not allowed to take practice if their majors and subjects do not require practice according to related regulations of BNU.
3. Students taking practice in the non-open-area in China must apply to the Public Security department for permission in advance. Those who do not get the permission are not allowed to take practice.