- Chinese Government Scholarship
- Confucius Institute Scholarship
- Confucius China Studies Program
- Beijing Government Scholarship
- Beijing Normal University Scholarship
Beijing Normal University New International Student Scholarship Administrative Measures
"Beijing Normal University New International Student Scholarship" is established by Beijing Normal University to attract more talented foreign students to study for a degree in Beijing Normal University. These administrative measures are set in order to regulate the Beijing Normal University International student scholarship review, issue and related management works.
1. Beijing Normal University New International student scholarship categories:
1.1 Undergraduate: scholarship period of four years;
1.2 Postgraduate: scholarship period of two years or three years;
1.3 PhD: scholarship period of three years;
Note: Scholarship period is determined by the duration of study slated during admission. It can not be extended.
2 Beijing Normal University New International student scholarship contents:
2.1 Free tuition during the study in BNU;
2.2 Provide living allowance during the study period (including accommodation subsidies);
2.3 Provide Comprehensive insurance.
NOTE: Scholarship content is fixed at the time of admission and can not be changed
3 Standards of scholarship payment
3.1 Living allowance(including accommodation subsidies):
Standards of scholarship’s living expenses:
Student type living allowance standard (RMB /
3.2 Living allowance payment method
Living allowance is sent monthly, counting from the date of enrollment.
Next month's living allowance will be sent to student’s Bank of China account on the 28th of each month.
New students who register before 15th day of the month (15th included), will get a full month living allowance; students who register after 15th, will get half.
Graduating (including early-graduating) students will get living allowance till the graduation date. Students graduating before 15th (15th included), will get a half month living allowance; Students graduating after 15th will get the full month living allowance.
Students who defer, drop out, transfer or go back to their country will stop getting living allowance from the next month.
allowance during holidays stipulated by the school will be granted as usual; scholarship students who left school and did not get living allowance during vacation can get it when they come back to the campus.
Students who don’t get permission from their school and the International Students Office before leaving the university or don’t register after coming back to the university, and students who have non-cogent reasons for leaving the university or skipping classes for more than one week won’t get living allowance for that month; Students who are absent more than two weeks won’t get living allowance for the whole semester.
After their leave of absence have been approved by the school, the scholarship status of scholarship students who suspend their studies due to serious illness or pregnancy can be retained latest for one year. However, living allowance and medical insurance will not be sent during the period of absence.
Scholarship students who applied to retain studentship because of the military service would be able to reserve scholarship for two years, however, living allowance and medical insurance will not be given during the leave period.
Students who stopped schooling because of study abroad exchange program will not get living allowance during their stay outside BNU, however, they will still be awarded the medical insurance as normal.
Scholarship will not be retained if scholarship students drops out or apply to retain studentship for other reasons.
Students who got their internship or research request approved by the school as a training program internship or research, whose stay outside BNU is not more than 1 semester, who could not sign the scholarship living allowance fee on time, should submit a summary report and request of reimbursement of living allowance after returning to school. If approved, the student will get a one-time reimbursement of the scholarship living allowance.
Medical insurance standard: 800 yuan / year
4. Annual comprehensive evaluation of Beijing Normal University New International student scholarship
1. Beneficiaries of the Beijing Normal University New International student scholarship must take and pass the annual comprehensive evaluation in order to continue receiving the scholarship benefits. Annual comprehensive evaluation usually start in the end of March, students should fill out the "Beijing Normal University New International student Scholarship Annual comprehensive evaluation form", and submit it to the International Student Office.
2. Annual comprehensive evaluation content includes examination report, learning attitude, attendance roll, social works, outstanding contributions and so on. Annual comprehensive evaluation result includes awarding of full scholarship, awarding of partial scholarship, suspension of scholarship, and cancellation of scholarship.
3. Under any of the following circumstances below will a student’s scholarship will be suspended for one year:
1). Undergraduate student who didn’t get the required amount of study credits;
2). Undergraduate student who failed two compulsory courses (or more) or fail a retaken compulsory course;
3). Undergraduate student with Grade Point Average less than 75;
4). Graduate student who didn’t register courses according to the training program ;
5). Graduate student who fail a course or whose Grade Point Average is less than 80.
4. Students who got their scholarship suspended can apply to continue studying as self-sponsored student. Before the expiry of the suspension period, students can apply (in written form) to participate in the year's annual comprehensive evaluation. If the student is qualified and approved by the school, the scholarship can be recovered from the next school year.
5. Under any of the following circumstances below will a student’s scholarship will be canceled:
1). Student who got disciplinary warning from the school;
2). Student who got dismissed or expelled from the school;
3). Student who didn’t pass the annual scholarship evaluation twice during their study period;
4). Student who didn’t participate in the annual scholarship evaluation without good reason;
5). Student who got another kind of scholarship while benefiting from the Beijing Normal University New International student scholarship. Students who have been disqualified from the scholarship shall cease to benefit from their scholarship, starting from the date of promulgation, and their eligibility for the scholarship shall not be resumed.
6. According to the recommendations of the Jury,
students who fail to meet the criteria for continuing to benefit from full
scholarship, but who are outstanding or are included in the National key
support categories may be provided partial scholarship for the next academic
year. That is, they will enjoy free tuition and Insurance fee, however, living allowance
will not be given.
1). Students who make special contribution to the school, win an honor or a positive social impact for the school.
2) Students who achieve excellent results in academic and technological activities.
3) Students who achieve outstanding performance in competitions.
4) Students who make outstanding achievements in social practice.
5) Students who make a particularly prominent achievement, and innovation in social work.
5. Medical care and Insurance
1). From the first month of the Autumn semester, the school will purchase
a China’s Ministry of Education stipulated Comprehensive insurance for
the beneficiaries of the New International student scholarship.
2). Comprehensive insurance for International students in China includes accidental injury medical treatment insurance, hospitalization insurance, death insurance, accident disability insurance and emergency medical insurance. The specific requirements of China Ping An Insurance Company shall prevail.
2. Insurance claim procedures:
Beneficiaries of comprehensive insurance for International students in China may apply to the insurance company for claims in case of accidental injury or hospitalization due to illness. For more information, please visit the International students’ Insurance website (http://www.lxbx.net).
6. Special reminder:
6.1 Scholarship students need to go to the International Students office to register and sign on the Scholarship Students List within the first two weeks of a new semester. Otherwise, it will have negative effect on their scholarship benefits.
In order to get the allowance smoothly, scholarship students should confirm their presence on campus by going to the International Students Office on the 8th day of every month (If 8th is the holiday, please check the notice from ISO). The students who cannot confirm their presence on campus on the 8th, because of some special reasons, need to hand in written statements to ISO in advance, students can get their allowance after ISO’s approval. If it comes to the special month, the notice from ISO shall prevail.
The scholarship policy prohibits signing or authorizing of another person (other than the scholarship beneficiary) to sign in place of scholarship students. Living allowance of violators will be stopped for that month. Severe violators will be disqualified of the scholarship benefits for that semester or even get their scholarship qualification canceled and get a public criticism.
6.2 The Annual Comprehensive Evaluation will be held between March and May every year. Please pay close attention to the notice on the official website of the International Students Office (http://iso.bnu.edu.cn/), so as to promptly go through all the necessary procedures of The Annual Comprehensive Evaluation.
6.3 The allowance for the next month will be sent to student’s Bank of China account on the 28th of each month. If you lose, break your bank card or have any questions about your allowance, please consult the International Students Office.
7. Supplementary Provision
This provision applies to the "Beijing Normal University New International Student Scholarship" students, as implemented from June 15, 2017. If this provision is not the same with the previous provisions, this provision shall prevail.