REGULATIONS ON ACCOMODATION AND DININGOn 2016-01-08
i. Accommodations off campus:1. Students who live in a hotel, apartment or the dormitory for international students in other universities should submit the residence file with the official stamp to the Office; and students who rent a house or apartment to live should submit the residence file—Registration Form of Temporary Residence issued by the local police station to the Office. Students should ask the landlord to go there together with them within 24 hours after moving to the new place. Do remember to bring your passport with you and ask your landlord to bring with him/her their certificate of permanent residence/certificate of ownership.
2. Students who do not live on campus should submit the legal residence file and telephone number to the Office in time.
3. Students who do not live on campus need to submit the new legal residence file and telephone number to the Office in time, if they change their addresses.
4. Students who do not live on campus and cannot offer the legal residence file, the Office will not undertake any procedures related to the visa and the students are responsible for all the consequences.
5. Students who have violated the previous regulations and students who offered false information concerning changing of addresses would receive punishments like disciplinary warning, expulsion etc. according to the seriousness of violation. Students who have seriously violated the regulations will be delivered to Beijing Public Security Bureau.
ii. Accommodation on campus:1. International students should pay the accommodation fee on time in accordance with the regulations.
2. If students want to return the room and move outside of the campus during the semester, they need to submit a written application and the Registration Form of Temporary Residence to the Office. Only after the Office consents, can students move outside. However, students need to pay the accommodation fee for 2 weeks for the start of their registration, and the remaining accommodation fee will be refunded to the students. If students return the room without the permission of the Office, the accommodation fee is not refundable.
3. For students who are compelled to quit school or expelled from school, the apartment will not offer the room anymore and the accommodation fee is not refundable.
4. International students should read the Accommodation Regulations carefully when they move to the dormitories and they should live in the dormitories strictly according to the regulations.
5. Whenever there is a vacant bed in a room, the administrator will arrange students previously living in different rooms to live together; students are supposed to obey this kind of arrangements and are not allowed to change rooms or occupy the vacant bed and rooms without approval. Students who change rooms without approval will be fined 300 RMB or given a disciplinary warning; students who occupy rooms without approval will be fined two times the sum of the bed fee per day or given disciplinary warning. If the cases are serious, the students involved are supposed to be given punishments which will be more severe than a serious warning.
6. Students are not allowed to utilize the dormitories to conduct activities violating Chinese laws or BNU regulations. Students who violate Chinese laws will be sent to local Public Security Bureau; those who violate BNU regulations will be sent to the security department of the university.
7. Only the students themselves can use International Students Dormitory. Students are not supposed to have visitors stay overnight. Those who have visitors staying overnight without approval will be fined four times the sum of bed fee per day. Students with serious cases will be given punishments which will be more severe than a serious warning.
8. In order to keep the good atmosphere for studying, we do not provide the couple room. If the couple are both BNU students, they need to register and tell their couple relationship to the front desk of the dorm before they move in.
9. Students are not allowed to transfer or sublet rooms. Those who violate this rule will be fined four times the sum of bed fee per day. Students with serious cases will be given punishment which will be more severe than a serious warning.
10. Students should lock the door when going out so as not to be burgled. When going out for a trip, students are expected to pull out the plugs from the mains.
11. Students should observe regulations about fires. Lighting fire and candles are strictly forbidden; those who violate this regulation will be fined 200-500 RMB. Students are expected to guard against fire carefully. Anyone who causes fire will be obliged to compensate for all the damage and to pay fines (which are 10 times of the amount of damages); and judicial organs will ascertain criminal responsibilities if the consequences are grave.
12. Please care of the dormitory facilities, do not hang on the ornaments, hooks and scribble on the wall, furniture and doors. If damage the facilities, need to compensate according to the price.
13. Please do not move the facilities (furniture, appliances), otherwise will be punished RMB 200 yuan and replace the facilities.
14. Students are supposed to keep the dormitory clean. Domestic birds or animals or any pets are not allowed in the rooms. In order to keep the corridors clean and clear and to make the corridors easy to be cleaned, students are not allowed to move furniture and other articles to the corridors so as to avoid being stolen, damaged, lost or appearing unsightly. Students are not allowed to cook in the public place. Please use the public kitchen. Electro mobile and moto bile are not allowed to park in the passageway of the dorm and block the fire passage. Students who do not obey the administrators’ advice will be deprived of the qualification of living in BNU dormitories.
15. Students are not allowed to smoke, spit and throw the rubbish in the dormitory. And students are not allowed to throw the butt and rubbish from high buildings. Those who do not obey the administration or do not pay attention to the protests of their roommates will be punished RMB 200 yuan and be deprived of the qualification of living in BNU dormitories.
16. Students are forbidden to conduct any activity, such as dancing, uproar or playing music at a high volume, that disturbs others’ study or rest. Those who refuse to mend their ways despite repeated warning will be given punishments of more than a serious warning according to the seriousness of their case. Students are not allowed to hold the parties, activities and fooling around in the lobby and public places in the apartment. If needs, students need to apply for the usage of public places in advance and use after the approval of ISO and students apartment.
17. Students are expected to pay attention to electricity saving. Power sources in the dormitories are only for lighting and low power electrical equipment. Students are forbidden to use electric heating equipment such as electromagnetic oven, electric stoves, hair driers, electric radiators, electric oven, electric cooker, electric thermos, thermal blankets, etc. The electric equipments mentioned above will be confiscated if they are found being used. Those who refuse to mend their ways despite repeated admonitions will be fined 200-500 RMB or given punishments of serious warning or expulsion according to the seriousness of their cases. If students want to use high-power electrical equipment, such as the refrigerator and so on, they need to apply to the apartment and pay the electricity cost themselves.
18. When charge the electromobile, please check if there is any damage of the electrical equipment or power line. When charge, there must be a person in the room. Charging should be around six hours and no more than eight hours. The cleaners have the right to punish the students who do not obey the charging rules.
19. Students are supposed to observe regulations of the timetable for work and rest in the dormitory.
20. Students are not allowed to block the surveillance camera and fire equipment. Students who obey the rules will be punished RMB 200 yuan.
21. Students are not allowed to distribute the leaflets. The safe guarder and the cleaners have the right to confiscate the leaflets.
22. Students are supposed to pay the deposit according to the regulations of the dormitory before they move in. When they leave, the deposit is to be returned according to the relevant regulations (if articles in the room are damaged, the damages will be deducted from the deposit.)
23. Room will be cleaned once everyday. If there are rooms which hang on the “Don’t Disturb” sign, room will be cleaned in the afternoon. The bedclothes will be changed every 10 days. If there is extra needs, please contact with the front desk of the apartment.
24. Students having graduated and completed courses are supposed to go through the procedures of returning rooms and leaving the school at the earliest date.
25. Please check out the rooms according to the registration. The students who need extend the living need to go through the procedures of living extension one month ahead. The apartment will arrange the room for the students and charge the fees to the students. If the students do not go through the procedures of living extension, they must move out according to the registration. Students are supposed to go through the procedure of returning rooms during summer and winter vacations according to the requirement of the apartments in which they live.
26. The apartments reserve the right to deprive the qualification of living there if students seriously violate the “Accommodation Regulations”.
iii. Receiving visitors in the dormitory:1. Visitors who want to visit students in the foreign students’ dormitory are expected to show their credential at the information desk and get registered.
Visiting times: 8:00--22:00
2. Students are supposed to observe the regulations of receiving visitors and ensure that visitors go through the proper registration.
3. Visitors are not allowed to stay overnight at the students’ room.
4. In order to make sure the safety of the apartment, the security guard has the right to query the visitor and check the room card of the visitor. The security guard will persuade the visitors who do not leave on time to leave. The visitor will be punished four times room fee if the visitors do not leave. For the severe offenders, the apartment has the right to disqualify the living in the dorm.
iv. Dining at the Dining Hall1. Students are expected to dine at the time fixed by the university and queue up to buy food.
2. Students are expected to keep the dining hall clean and return the dining utensils to the place where they will be washed.
3. Students should take care of dining utensils. Students who damage these should compensate. It is not permitted to take the dining utensils out of the dining hall.
4. Students should respect other nationalities’ and religion’s dining customs.
5. Students should respect the workers and obey their administration.