- Chinese Government Scholarship
- Confucius Institute Scholarship
- Confucius China Studies Program
- Beijing Government Scholarship
- Beijing Normal University Scholarship
2018 Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC)
Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC) is for excellent applicant. BNU sincerely welcome excellent international students to apply for it. There are seven programs of CSC and applicants may choose one to apply based on your personal conditions. For application details, please refer to CSC web page: Chinese Govenment Scholarships.
Chinese Government Scholarship——Beijing Normal University Program
Those who are not now in China may apply directly through BNU. Please understand BNU quotas of CSC are quite limited. Applicants need to submit the application based on “BNU Master/Ph.D. Application for International Students”. The excellent admitted applicants will be recommended to Chinese Government Scholarship Council.
(1) International Students who apply for full-time Master’s or Doctorate’s programs.
(2) Neither for majors of applicant's native language or English、French or the third language literature nor for master’s program of Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages.
2、Scholarship Scope and Study Period
Please refer to CSC web page “Introduction to Chinese Government Scholarships”.
(1) Applicants should meet the requirements of “BNU Master/Ph.D. Application for International Students”.
(2) Applicants are not in China (Graduation time from China should be over one year).
(3) Applicants for master’s degree program must be under the age of 35 and for doctoral degree program must be under the age of 40.
(4) Applicants for Chinese-taught Graduate Programs should have comparatively high Chinese proficiency and for specific requirements and documents please refer to the introduction of “BNU Master/Ph.D. Application for International Students”. Applicants for English-taught Graduate Programs should have high English proficiency and for specific requirements and documents please refer to the introduction of English-taught Graduate Programs.
(5) Applicants should not be holding the scholarship of any other category.
(1) Please carefully read “BNU Master/Ph.D. Application for International Students” and prepare the application materials according to Item 5.
(2) Log on the web of CSC: Chinese Scholarship Council and register to fill in and print the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship after submitting it online. Please submit the form again if you made any changes on it. (Type: Chinese Government Scholarship Agency No.: 10027)
(3) Please mail all the application materials stating in “5、Application Materials” to BNU International Students Office before Mar.15, 2018. (Application will not be accepted after the deadline)
(4) Applicants can check the application process and the result through personal account in CSC or BNU (Phone inquiries are not accepted).
Please download and print “CSC Application Checklist” and put the application materials in the order of checklist. Only complete application will be reviewed and the school has the right to require the applicant to provide the other supplementary materials. Electronic or fax copies are not accepted or returned. All the materials as well as application fee will not be returned.)
(1) All the application materials in Item 5 of “BNU Master/Ph.D. Application for International Students” (in duplicate for Degree certificates, transcripts and the passport page with photos).
(2)《Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship》（in duplicate ）.
(3) The photocopy of “Foreigner Physical Examination Form” (keep the original copies by yourself).
Please click and download “Foreigner Physical Examination Form”, which is printed by Chinese quarantine authority. It is only for those whose study period in China will last up to six months (filled in Chinese or English) and should be printed on both sides. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please choose the appropriate time to take medical examination as it is valid for only 6 months.
(4) For Pakistan Applicants please “click here”.
6、Admission & Enrollment
(1) Beijing Normal University (BNU) will first admit the excellent applicants based on “BNU Master/Ph.D. Application for International Students” and choosethe excellent ones from the admitted as CSC candidates to the Chinese Government Scholarships Council (CSC) for final approval. BNU will send the Admission Notice and Visa Application Form (JW201) to successful scholarship applicants then and send the Admission Notice and Visa Application Form (JW202) to the admitted applicants without CSC scholarship.
(2) Accepted Students must register on time according to BNU’s requirements. Those who are not on time with no reasons will be canceled of CSC Scholarship as well as admission of BNU.
(3) Those who have unqualified Physical Examination will be canceled of CSC Scholarship as well as admission of BNU.
(4) According to the regulations of CSC, scholarship students will take annual evaluation organized by the host University. Those who pass the evaluation could have the opportunity for next year’s scholarship.
7、The other information
Please refer to “BNU Master/Ph.D. Application for International Students” for more information.