Notice for Application of Ministry of Education 2020-2021 “Outstanding International Student” Scholarship AwardOn 2020-Oct-22
Notice for Application of Ministry of Education 2020-2021 “Outstanding International Student” Scholarship Award
In order to encourage diligent study and inspire infinite pursuit of knowledge, the Ministry of Education is now launching the 2020/2021 "Outstanding International Student" Scholarship Award Project. Detailed information for application is as below:
1 Categories and Standards
1.1 Fixed quota: Applicants shall be currently self-funded second year or above degree program international students. BNU will recommend 4 students to China Scholarship Council (CSC) for final selection.
Reward: Certificate of Merit + Scholarship (Undergraduate students: award 18,000 yuan / person, Graduate students: 30,000 yuan / person)
1.2 Variable quota: Applicants shall be currently CSC scholarship holders in the second year or above degree program international students. BNU will recommend 3 students to CSC for final selection.
Reward: Certificate of Merit
2 Requirements for Applicants
2.1 Excellent academic record, with a strong learning and research capabilities,
2.2 Friendly attitude towards China, outstanding performance while studying in China,
2.3 Always observe laws and regulations; physically and mentally healthy,
2.4 Active in participating in various cultural/social activities; outstanding achievements would be a priority,
2.5 Under the same conditions, preference will be given to applicants with financial difficulties,
2.6 Students studying in extended period are not qualified for this Project.
3 University Selection Procedures
Personal Application (October 28) -> Faculty Review (November 2-November 6) -> BNU Review (November 9 - November 11) -> Announcement of university review results (November 12 - November 18) -> Recommendation to CSC (November 19)
4 Application Materials
Applicants must fill out online application form and submit the paper application materials.
4.1 Online application
Applicants must log in on the CSC Registration Platform (http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn), complete and submit electronic application online, and then print out the application form. Applicants who failed to submit the application online will not be approved.
Ps: 1) For the type of study program, please choose "C".
2) Agency No.: 10027
3) 'Study Duration' will be 2020.9.1-2021.7.15
4.2 Paper application materials
Ø All applicants shall prepare following materials:
1. "Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form" (the printed out CSC online Application Form),
2. Transcript for courses taken between Sep. 2019 and Jul. 2020,
3. Recommendation letter (Recommended by a supervisor or a professor),
4. An article titled “My story of studying in China”. The article shall introduce the most impressive moment and stories that happened during your study in China. The article shall be either in Chinese or in English with no less than 800 words,
5. Masters students shall provide other evidence of outstanding performance, and PhD students shall provide materials of academic publications (please refer to application materials requirement for variable quota applicants below).
Ø For variable quota applicants:
Other than the above-mentioned document, applicants for variable quota shall also provide below additional materials:
1. Academic publications (for graduate students), materials shall include:
b. Retrieval or acceptance letter from publisher,
c. Front page of the paper (including title, key words and abstracts) or cover and title page of monographs.
2. Certificates for IP or Competition Award,
3. Incumbency Certification of students union or other organizations.
5 Application Procedures
Applicants who meet the application requirements should submit the electronic application information before October 28, 2020, and submit the paper application materials to the International Student Office (Room 9910, Beijing Capital Building). For applicants currently outside China, the application materials can be scanned and sent to the management mailbox of the corresponding student category in the International Student Office. Office Hours: 8:00-11:30, 14:00-17:30.
The subject of the email should be Ministry of Education 2020-2021 “Outstanding International Student” Scholarship Award Application + Student number + Student name.
Belated applications or supplementary materials will not be accepted.
6 Contact of International Students Office
Undergraduate students: Tel.010-58800310 Email: email@example.com
Graduate students: Tel. 010-58800325 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
International Students Office
Office of International Exchange & Cooperation
Beijing Normal University
October 21, 2020
- 2021-2022 Beijing Government Scholarship Application For Current International Students
- Notice of Participation of 2021/2022 Annual Scholarship Review
- Notice on Application for Extension of CSC Scholarship PhD Students (2021-2022)
- January 2021 Graduation Notice for International Students
- Admission of 2021 BNU Online Chinese Language Program Funded by the International Chinese Language Teacher Scholarship