JULY 2023 GRADUATION NOTICE FOR INTERNATIONAL GRADUATE STUDENTSOn 2023-Jun-09
Dear Graduating International Students:
Congratulations on completing your studies at Beijing Normal University! Before you leave your alma mater, please remember to complete the following university departure formalities:
1. University Departure Time for Graduating Students
All graduating students should complete the university departure formalities by June 30, 2023.
2. University Departure Formalities
1) Complete Electronic University Departure
Please log in to the electronic university departure online system from June 9 to June 20 to fill in the “Future Prospects of Graduated International Students”, check the formalities you need to handle, and timely handle the departure formalities of relevant departments.
Visit the BNU portal http://one.bnu.edu.cn, (user name is the same as your student number. If password forgotten, you may try date of birth as YYYYMMDD, or your student ID number, or the last 6 digits of your passport number. If still can’t log in, please contact 58808113), click the “离校” ( University Departure) picture on the home page of the portal to enter the university departure system.
Note: The money in the campus card will not be refunded in cash. Please use the full amount of the card before June 30. After July 1, the Information Network Center will cancel the student campus card in batches.
If you want a refund of the balance in your campus card, please send your student number, passport number, passport name, Bank of China card number and account name (please refer to the Customer Information Confirmation Form or consult the bank counter for the written format of bank account name) to email@example.com before July 1.
2) Confirm visa period
If your current visa expires after July 31, you need to change the visa before you can receive your graduation certificate and degree certificate. Please go through the visa change procedures before booking a plane ticket or train ticket to avoid unnecessary losses. If you need to change your visa, please bring your passport, registration form of temporary residence, and 1 photo (passport size) to the International Student Office (Jingshi Building 9107).
In case of special circumstances, please submit your booked plane or train ticket, visa information and departure application information to the International Student Office.
3) Confirm tuition payment
Please confirm whether all tuition fees have been paid. If you have not paid all the tuition fees, please pay online before June 20.
How to complete online payment: log in to the BNU International Student Service System: http://apply.bnu.edu.cn/; the payment information will appear on the homepage. Click “Go to pay” to finish the online payment as directed. If you have any question regarding to the online payment, please send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
4) Dormitory Check-out procedures
Students who live in the university apartment should complete the check-out formalities before June 30.
3. Graduation Ceremony
The graduation ceremony will be held on June 21. Please consult your faculty / school / college / department for specific information.
4. Certificates and Transcripts
The graduation certificate, degree certificate, transcript and other documents can be received from the office of each faculty / school / college / department (the certificate can only be received after completing all the formalities required by the electronic departure system). Please refer to the notice of your faculty / school / college / department for the time of collection.
- To apply for an English graduation certificate or an English transcript, please contact University’s Archives Office.
5. Not able to graduate this semester
If unable to graduate in July 2023, you need to apply extension of study period or withdraw from school to your school/college before June 30, 2023 (fill the form in Attachment 1). For students apply for extension, after the school/college approves the application, students shall pay the fees and go through the registration procedures for next semester, within the time specified by the university. For students apply for automatic withdraw, after complete application procedure of Student Status Change and School Leave Form (fill the form in Attachment 2), University will issue study certificate accordingly to students.
- For students who are neither able to graduate according to schedule nor apply for extension or automatic withdraw, the university will regard their studies as incomplete and will require students to leave school. Students cannot apply to return to school after been withdrawn.
International Students Office
Office of International Exchange & Cooperation
Beijing Normal University
June 9, 2023
- Notice for international students of 2023-2024 autumn semester registration arrangement (Beijing Campus)
- ANNOUNCEMENT OF 2023-2024 ACADEMIC YEAR ANNUAL REVIEW RESULTS OF CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP
- ANNOUNCEMENT OF BEIJING NORMAL UNIVERSITY 2023-2024 ACADEMIC YEAR ANNUAL REVIEW RESULTS OF VARIOUS SCHOLARSHIPS
- ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE 2023-2024 ACADEMIC YEAR ANNUAL REVIEW RESULT FOR BEIJING GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP (CURRENT STUDENT)
- REVIEW RESULT FOR 2023 EXCELLENT INTERNATIONAL GRADUATES