- Academic Guidance
- Llibrary Guide
- Life service
- Students Association
- Campus Activities
- Internship & Employment
- Psychological Consulting
- Safety Reminder
- Academic Degree Credentials Verification
Kind of Visa
- a) X1 Visa X1 Visa is for people studying in China for more than 6 months. Once issued, it allows applicants 30 days to register at the international student office of their university and apply for a residence permit. Before applying for a residence permit, however, students are required to get a health report from the Beijing Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau.
- b) X2 Visa X2 visa is for people engaging in short-term (less than 6 months) academic activities in China. It specifies how many days in total applicants are allowed to stay in China on the visa page. For instance, if you enter China with an X2 visa valid for 90 days on August 25, you may stay until November 23.
- c) L Visa L visa is a tourist visa. It is for people or groups traveling to China.
- d) S1 and S2 Visa S1 visa is a long-term visa pass for dependents such as family members, parents/parents-in-law of work/study visa holders.
- e) Z Visa A Z visa is required if you are coming to China to perform services in a pre-arranged professional job.
- .f) Residence Permit Residence permit is issued to people studying in China for more than 6 months. Once granted, it allows students unlimited entry into China for the time that the visa is valid.
S1 visa is a short-term visa pass for dependents such as family members, parents/parents-in-law of work/study visa holders.
What type of visa I need to hold when I study in China?You can study in China by holding these two kinds of visa.
How to apply the visa and Residence PermitThere is a little bit difference of visa application between international students and other foreigners. According to the policy of Beijing Public Security Bureau, international students should apply the visa at ISO through the Trader-Link Agency. The Trader-Link Agency will transfer the applicants’ personal information to Beijing Public Security Bureau. With the permission of Beijing Public Security Bureau, applicants can get the Visa Application Form.
There are two ways to extend or apply the residence permission:
1. Apply by the Trader-Link Agency
2. Apply the visa by yourself
※Note: The final interpretation of visa application is owned by ISO and Beijing Public Security Bureau, if you apply the visa by yourself.
The Required Documents of Visa Application and Residence Permit1. Residence Permit
An international student with an X1 visa shall apply for a residence permit within 30 days after entry into China. Those who fail to make the application and continue to stay with expired visas are treated as illegal stay and will be imposed the penalty prescribed by the law. When an international student with a residence permit needs to extend the duration of residence to continue his/her study, he/she needs to file an application of residence permit extension, at least 30 days prior to the expiration of duration of the validity period on the residence permit. The documents required for the application of residence permit are as follows:
2. X2 Visa
If your X2 visa is expired, you can apply a new X2 visa which valid period of entrance is no longer than one year, residence period no more than 180 days and entrance time is zero, once, twice or multiple times. The required documents are as follows:
Cancellation of VisaIf you decide to suspend your study or are dismissed from the University, the international student office in accordance with the relevant visa regulations will cancel your visa/residence permit and reduce it into a 30-day temporary pass. If you do not reduce the visa, you cannot get the permission of study suspension and ISO will tell this information to Beijing Public Security Bureau.
Penalties for Illegal ResidencePlease check your visa status and the expiration date of your residence permit. If you have any questions about the visa, please come to ISO and get the official answer. If you don’t have a valid visa or fail to register at the police station within 24 hours of your arrival, you will be dismissed as an illegal resident. This will cause a heavy fine up to 500 RMB per day, no more than 5000 RMB penalty. Please come to ISO to extend your visa before 30 days of the expiration date of your present visa.
Lost PassportIf your passport has been lost or stolen, you must follow the instructions listed below:
Renew PassportIf you get the new passport, please apply for a new Temporary Residence Form with your old and new passport and renew your personal information at ISO within 7days after you get the new passport. Please note that you must go back to the Beijing Public Security Bureau to renew your passport information as well, otherwise you will get penalties.
How to apply for a Temporary Residence FormIf you live in hotels or hostels off campus, you should contact the reception there for Temporary Residence Form.
If you live in rented apartments, you should go to the police station with your landlord within 24hrs of check in, to obtain the Temporary Residence Form. Landlords should bring along their local registered residence, housing certificate, rent contract and ID. International students need bring their passport. If you live off campus and do not have a Temporary Residence Form, the Beijing Public Security Bureau cannot accept your visa application.
Every time you leave China and reentry, please go to Police Station to get the new Temporary Residence Form. If you change the address and the date of your Temporary Residence Form has already expired, please give your new Temporary Residence Form to ISO within 3 days and renew your residence information at Beijing Public Security Bureau within 10 days. Please apply for the new Temporary Residence Form after extend or renew your visa within 24 hours, otherwise you will get penalties. Please note that if you change the address, renew the passport or visa, please reapply for a new Temporary Residence Form within 10 days, otherwise you will be treated as an illegal resident.